Position: Welding Engineer
Main Purpose of Role:
Act as an Expert in all Welding related matters. Follow welding through all its aspects from bid phase when welding philosophy has to be set to Project completions, looking at solutions of high quality level and high productivity, according to Project Schedule, monitoring and supporting Production Phase. Promote and support new welding solutions, techniques and consumables to achieve the most competitive and strategic results
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
Execute activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements
- Take guidance from the Senior Welding Engineer in helping to manage the Welding Department, experience in QA/QC systems
- Coordinates welding control measures, ensuring compliance with project, international and company standards.
- Prepare and issue preliminary Welding Documents for assigned project or bids
- Support Senior Welding Engineer on Bid Reviews, assesses a range of PQRs and WPS
- Coordinates the PQR Testing Program from drafting through to final acceptance by customer, including all mechanical testing
- Review subcontractors tender documents and technical qualifications
- Drafting Deviation Requests for customer approval
- Assist QHSE Department on subcontractor assessments/audits
- Review and approve subcontractors Welding submissions
- Ensure that Welding traceability information is recorded, maintained and available in the required format for all Welding activities to demonstrate achievement of Project requirements.
- Review journals and technical papers for new welding technology. Maintain contact with welding equipment suppliers and consumable vendors to promote advances in welding technology
- Maintain updated departmental project Welding files and database so that information is readily available to other department members
- Provide technical guidance / support to off-shore welding personnel
- Provide experience and competence for material solutions during the procurement process
- Monitor stock levels and ensure minimum levels of consumables are available for all projects
- Prepare Purchase Requests for Welding Consumable
- Monitor the Welding Quality trough the analysis of the trends of Project Defect Rates and Welders defect rates prepared by QHSE Dept., proposing improvement actions.
• Experience in QA/QC systems would be an advantage
Familiar with all associated oil & gas standards and specifications(on-shore & off-shore scope)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience supported by a relevant science degree (Metrology and/or Engineering Technology), working as a Welding Engineer in the oil & gas industry
Professional / registered IWE / EWE Engineer.
Please send your CV to [email protected]by indicating the position title (Welding Engineer) in the subject line of your email.