Position: Senior Planning Engineer (Azerbaijan Nationals Only)
Key Accountabilities Of Position:
- Develops and ensures effective and successful Management Level (Levels 1 and 2) and Performance Level (Levels 3 and 4) project plans/schedules.
- Performs logic network planning using the Critical Path Method (CPM) for the development of all plans and schedules.
- Creates a Master Control Schedule to monitor and manage the project as one entity.
- Identifies and addresses schedule risk.
- Includes clear contractor requirements in the Invitation to Tender to ensure proper planning and physical progress measurement.
- The Senior Project Planning Engineer will ensure all project plans/schedules and progress reports are developed using the project WBS and BP Standard WBS as appropriate.
- Develops appropriate plans/schedules and monitors and updates plans/schedules for the project through Close-Out.
- Integrates contractor and BP-generated plans/schedules into the Master Control Schedule.
- Ensures appropriate physical progress measurement for the project.
- Coordinates preparation of Progress Reporting and Management information packs.
- Trains planning staff on their responsibilities. Advises on best practices and ensures proper norms and methods are followed.
Defines specifications and standards associated with planning and scheduling to subcontractors
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in project planning and scheduling positions of oil and gas or similar industry related projects.
- Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in demanding project environments.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Minimum 8 years working experience within planning / scheduling.
Guide: Experience and exposure to work breakdown structures, scheduling and forecasting of resources and overall project planning.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognized degree or equivalent qualification.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; or equivalent experience, with preference towards project planning and scheduling, resource forecasting, utilizing project tools like Primavera or Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrate behavior and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) that:
- Minimize the potential impact of work activities or work sites managed by Worley on the environment;
- Manage the impact of work activities or work sites managed by Worley on the environment;
- Manage recovery from environmental incident;
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplaces and behavior, including workplaces not managed by Worley and behavior when not at work;
- Manage workplace illness and injury.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate the behavior and business practices outlined in Worley Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in Worley Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Select personnel who share Worley values, beliefs and a commitment to the OneWay Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behavior, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
- Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other Worley offices.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
Location Specific Requirements: Selection of any expatriate is on the expectation that, in addition to their technical responsibilities, they will actively support the development of nationals and our local content strategies.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Senior Planning Engineer) in the subject line of your email.