Job Title: HSE Commisioning Superintendent
- Provides the highest level of expertise in the direction and operation of the Safety, Fire, Environmental and Security Department during the commissioning, start-up and operation of a Facility.
- Ensures SIMOPS, Safety, Environmental and Security awareness
- Develops department SIMOPS, Health, Safety, Environmental, Fire, and Security plans and procedures;
- Supervises the work permits procedures and safety programs for commissioning areas
- Responsible for ensuring all Commissioning staff, sub-contractors and vendor personnel are fully aware of all HSE requirements during the commissioning phase
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the Project HSE management system and supporting commissioning HSE Plan
- Monitor commissioning subcontractors for compliance with both the project and contractor requirements
- Advise HSSE Site Manager of areas for improvement and assist in the development of implementation strategies
- Maintain effective consultation with contractor and construction HSE personnel
- Manage resources for the provision of commissioning training, first aid and emergency response
- Monitor and report Incident/Hazard Reporting data for commissioning
- Facilitate accident and incident investigation for commissioning scope
- Advise, mentor and support the Contractor for all aspects of construction HSSE.
- Support the overall construction.
- Implement HSSE Department Policy and initiatives as directed by the HSSE Site Manager.
- Review Contractor’s HSSE documentation. Monitor and ensure implementation of the Contractor’s approved HSSE Plan.
- Assist the HSSE Site Manager in the collection of Safety Statistics from Contractors and issue Safety Performance Statistics as needed for reports.
- Monitor project Safety program to ensure it supports construction progress.
- Evaluate the Subcontractor’s HSSE performance on an on-going basis. Make recommendations for improvement to the HSSE Site Manager.
- Provide training in subjects in which he is competent to act as an instructor and as directed by the HSE Site Manager.
- Assist personnel in identifying potential hazards and the appropriate controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level
- Perform audits/inspections to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in the reporting, investigation of incidents including near misses and at-risk observations as well as assisting in the tracking to closure of open items resulting from the investigations
- Provide dedicated HSSE support and subject-matter experts during “major work” operations, major construction operations (including heavy lifts) and major well work.
- Ensure that safety related equipment is installed correctly and is operating as intended
- Facilitate drills/exercises to assess adequacy of existing processes and procedures.
- Provide training to employees and contractors on oil spill response plans and emergency procedures.
- Attend and participate in well work “spud meetings” to pre-job identify safety/compliance issues to address simultaneous operational risks proactively.
- Conduct HSE needs assessment and identifying skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Identifying HSE mentoring and training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses of personnel
- Translating HSE requirements into learning/teaching opportunities that will groom employees for safe and efficient operations
- Assist the Site HSSE Manager in any duty he shall perform.
- Identify and report on a daily basis unsafe situations and unsafe acts.
- Take immediate action to correct unsafe situations or initiate corrective measures.
- Ensure the documentation of personnel and certificates of equipment are available and valid before entering the site.
- Attend periodical or special HSSE meetings as required.
- Assist in the performance of risk assessment.
- Participate in EPCM or Employer scheduled work area audits or inspections and implement and document required corrective actions.
- Check that the field equipment inspection program has been implemented and tags/ labels have been provided.
- Check that personal protection equipment is suitable for the use for which it is intended.
- Distribute to Construction Contractors standards, procedures or any other document that may be required to organize works safely.
- Carry out inspections to ensure compliance with Construction Contractors HSSE Plans,
- EPCM HSSE Plans, Employer requirements and National and local regulations.
- Support for the preparation of periodic HSSE reports, ensuring their distribution in a timely manner.
- Ensure workers’ welfare is maintained
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to [email protected]
14.03.2021 with subject line: HSE COMMISIONING SUPERINTENDENT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.