Job Title: Service Engineer – Healthcare
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To provide professional and competent support to the Customer for all ICSS products, including first line maintenance and repair services, change implementation, site installation, commissioning and start-up. The Field Service Engineer will perform activities according to the Emerson standards of safety and quality.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the Single Point Of Contact for support and first line maintenance of the installed Emerson systems, including PCS, Safety System (SIS), Serial Interfaces and associated hardware and software.
- To undertake or manage major modifications, related to Emerson Process Management hardware and software.
- Perform tasks for system maintenance and performance assessments.
- Utilise Emerson Process Management intelligent field devices to generate performance data and interpret this data into meaningful recommendations for the customer
- Carry our installation/commissioning, fault analysis and repairs on Emerson Process Management products, including investigation of persistent or not easily resolvable problems.
- To develop and implement product/system configuration changes at site to meet customer requirements
- To provide on-site customer training in the application, service and operation of Emerson Process Management products
- To assist customers in the resolution of Emerson Process Management product service and application problems
- Support and maintain all applicable documentation.
- Be flexible to work onshore, offshore or abroad and work additional hours and weekends to support customers requirements
- Execute all work (repairs, installations, training etc.) in accordance with guidelines and certifications.
- Communicate issues concerning customer satisfaction or customer requests for Emerson support to the responsible person in Service Management or Sales Management.
- Adhere to the company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluency in English, including Technical English is required
- HNC/Degree level in an Engineering discipline, such as electronics, computer science or control engineering.
- 8+ years of Control / Automation experience. 5+ years relevant experience as a Service Engineer or Senior System Engineer in a process control environment with a particular emphasis on first line support and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of Emerson DeltaV is a must
- DeltaV SIS Professional certification
- An understanding of Upstream Oil and Gas control, including control and instrumentation theory, control loop configuration and tuning
- A sound knowledge of C&I theory and experience in repair and servicing of large form DCS systems
- Strong problem solving skills and self-motivation to work alone to resolve technical problems at customer installations
- Knowledge of Communication protocols and Field Devices
- Working offshore is a requirement of the role – it is mandatory to pass a medical and undergo offshore training
Functional / Technical skills
- Problem solving, look at a situation objectively, sense of responsibility
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Drive for Results in a difficult environment
- Effective communication (oral and written)
- Integrity and trust. Ethics & Values
- Action Oriented
- Functional / Technical Skills
Please send your CV to [email protected].