Position title: Commissioning Integration Lead Electrical Engineer
The Commissioning Integration Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the overall delivery of electrical and discipline specific within systems commissioning across the project Drilling modules, with specific emphasis as follows:
- Lead, be visible, take an interest in the workforce
- Promote and praise good behaviour, have quality conversations, listen concerns
- Be actively involved, in the site safety systems
- Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on the company expectations on HSE
- Review/comment on Engineering contractor’s documents, provide commissioning perspective to Design
- Participation in Electrical systems HAZOP as required
- Specifying and raising Purchase Orders for required Electrical Safety equipment and Electrical Test Equipment
- Acting as the Senior Authorised Electrical Person (SAEP) following assessment and approval by Electrical Technical Authority
- Assessing and approving Authorised Electrical Persons (AEP), Authorised Instrument Persons (AIP) and Competent Isolators (CI)
- Reviewing and approving switching programmes for complex reconfigurations of the HV Electrical system
- Providing engineering assistance to the construction contractor for resolution of electrical issues, etc.
- Witnessing and approving site acceptance tests
- Review and acceptance of contractor supplied procedures and activities for installation of all Electrical equipment
- Responsible for the compilation of relevant Commissioning Test Procedures (CTP) for the Electrical Power, Distribution and Generation systems
- Responsible for the safety & management of all Suppliers’ representatives when on-site for the commissioning works of subsequent items of equipment
- Ensuring all Electrical commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures
- Act as an Area Authority within companies Permit To Work Procedures.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Educated to Degree Level
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience of leading electrical commissioning, including knowledge of associated codes and practices
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design/Construction Contractors and Operations entities
- Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities
- Deep understanding of Marine Construction & Commissioning Defined Practices for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality
- Previous experience working with NOV equipment
- Chartered Engineer or in the process of apply for Chartership.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Commissioning Integration Lead Electrical Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.