Job Title: Project HSE Manager
Work Location: Base Office (30 km away from the city centre)
Position Schedule: 1 year (renewable)
Education: Higher education, Degree in Environmental Engineering, HSE;
- Minimum 7-10 years of international experience within oil and gas Offshore Engineering and Construction industry.
- 5-7 years of international experience as Project HSE Manager on medium-to large-scale and complex offshore projects.
Skills and Competences:
- Knowledge of main principles of the Health Management System;
- Knowledge of audit techniques and capability to conduct HSE / safety / environmental inspections in order to supervise the implementation of specific procedures on site;
- Knowledge of typical potential HSE emergency situations and related mitigation actions. Capability to organize and evaluate emergency drills;
- Knowledge of local HSE legislation and main technical rules with focus especially on safety issues;
- Knowledge of main important international standards on HSE management system (e.g. ISO 14001 OHSAS 18001). Knowledge of company management system initiatives on new HSE objectives;
- Capability to analyse HSE client requirements and to plan the needed actions;
- Capability to identify training needs and to organize training programs;
- Knowledge of HSE investigation techniques and of data analysis and reporting ;
- Capability to develop HSE plans and perform relevant economic evaluation of HSE plans / HSE services / HSE activities;
- Knowledge of techniques and methodologies for HSE assessment at macro phase level (heavy lifting risk assessment, diving risk assessment);
- Knowledge of key principles governing the management of a project, such as planning and control, contract change management, interface management, material procurement lifecyle, etc.;
- Capability to handle subcontracted work packages defining the scope of work, the milestones and documentation deliverables. Capability to control the quality, the costs and the timing of the subcontracted activities;
- Knowledge of sustainability programs / initiatives. Capability to manage different relationship with external stakeholders (clients, local community, contractors);
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong managerial skills.
Languages: Azerbaijani (fluent); English (fluent)
- Ensure correct development and implementation of Project HSE Management System throughout the construction and installation phases of the project;
- Provide specialist advice to Project Management Team and liaise with Consortium Partner to ensure compliance with applicable company HSE Standards, applicable local legislation, International Standards (ISO14001and OSHAS18001) and Project HSE requirements;
- Ensure proper HSE Plans and Procedures are developed and implemented throughout the entire Project life;
- Assist the Project and Vessel Management Teams in the Risk Management process (HAZID, Risk Assessment);
- Take part in Accident / Incident investigation;
- Coordinate the activities of the HSE Officers on board of vessels;
- Identify potential emergency scenarios and develop emergency preparedness and response plan;
- Plan and conduct HSE audit to projects sites and contractors;
- Ensure an adequate HSE performance monitoring, analysis and reporting toward Corporate/Company organizations;
- Ensure Project HSE needs identification and development of Project HSE Training Programs;
- Promote periodical Project HSE Review and ensure proper Project HSE Close out report.
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] indicating position title in the subject line.