Job Description- Lead Project Engineer:
The Lead Project Engineer shall have the task to supervise and review the Project engineering deliverables. He will report to the Engineering Manager and assist the Project Management in the supervision of the discipline leaders for PMC all project activities.
- Review, comment and control, as applicable, work progress, manhours and work schedule for assigned project.
- Responsible for the direction, control and monitoring of the work performed by discipline teams
- Support the project management to ensure that directions and objectives of the established project execution plan are met.
- Responsible for the timely identification of the resource needs to PMC management and for liaison regarding the skills and competencies of the personnel required within the teams.
- Ensure project scope, schedule, and cost are closely coordinated and monitored throughout the project lifecycle.
- Implement standard and procedures to ensure compliance with Client / PMC objectives.
- Facilitate team meetings and interactions, promoting excellent communication with all team members and teamwork spirit.
- Monitor, facilitate, and participate in project reviews as required by the program and project requirements.
- Execute the technical assurance plan, ensuring the necessary reviews are being completed.
- Keep track of and closely follow up the closure of outstanding actions with engineering disciplines.
- Supervise all project engineering activities, performed by involved Disciplines, in conformance to Project engineering procedures, job specifications and engineering standards.
- Expedite and monitor close out of outstanding actions required in technical review meeting with Client/PMC, Contractors and Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc. to cope with schedule milestones and Management directions.
- Prepare and tightly monitor the monthly progress report of the Project Engineering Discipline. Report any deviation and propose corrective action to ensure the project goals for safety, schedule, cost, and quality are achieved.
- Review/check/approve, as applicable, engineering deliverables in accordance with the Project engineering procedures and PMC scope.
- Monitor interface management coordination process and support resolution of critical conflicts, including development of project permitting plan.
- Contribute to the identification of changes in the project according to the project change control procedure.
- Follow-up Contractors TQ’s, letters, mails and requests of clarifications.
- Attend the engineering briefing and debriefing meetings.
- Attend the Technical Committee meetings, as required.
- Support the Engineering Management in the preparation of the Monthly Report.
- Overview the implementation of the instructions regarding Health, Safety and Environmental aspects indicated by the appointed functions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Engineering Degree.
- Good technical knowledge and proven experience (10-plus years) in refinery, petrochemical, industry projects.
- Experience in PMC role and brownfield refineries projects.
- Experience working in large projects is desired.
- Good knowledge of English language.
Interested candidates shall e-mail their CVs’ to [email protected]
with name of position in e-mail’s title.