POSITION: Senior Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Projects & Services Director
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Responsible for delivering assigned projects to our customers, achieving or exceeding an acceptable level of customer satisfaction and the internally agreed level of profitability. The role is the primary point of contact for the customer on all commercial matters, utilizing internal and third party resources, material and services to deliver the assigned project scope within cost budget, agreed timescales and to the required quality.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functional Expertise
• Deliver assigned projects within agreed scope, cost budgets, timescales and quality.
• Manages and reports all resource demand and financial aspects of assigned projects.
• Proactive management of change and risk.
• Apply PMO project execution methodology to all projects.
• Full stake holder management of all assigned projects.
• Ensure that all project administration is completed ad project files are maintained.
• Involved in reviewing proposals and contracts.
• Adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times. Leadership
• Provide leadership to the project team members and promote an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
• Support and develop less experienced members of the project management team.
• May lead internal project process improvement efforts. Inter-personal
• Builds partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
• Builds business partnerships with key sub-suppliers.
• Must have excellent negotiation skills. Business
• Responsible for being compliant to all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
• Work with the internal Proposal team to generate priced proposals for existing and future customers.
• Manage cross-business unit work scope within Emerson where necessary.
• Work with Emerson engineering functions to ensure adequate staffing of assigned projects to meet project criteria.
• Engage with Engineering and Service functions to ensure the forecast of resources required for the project is well communicated and planned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge; PMP certification and further education in business administration, operations, or project management preferred.
• Typically 10+ years experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity with relevant project and technical management experience.
• Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written); excellent communicator
• Basic financial knowledge and exposure to project planning.
• Business Insight
• Communicates Effectively
• Builds Effective Teams
• Drives Results
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Ensures Accountability
• Plans & Aligns
• Customer Focus
Interested candidates: [email protected]