Position title: Deck Lead Piping Construction Engineer (ACE)
This role is for the Azeri Central East (ACE) project. The Project will build a new Integrated Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters Offshore platform to be installed in the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan. The project is currently in Define phase and is planned to enter Execute in 1Q19.
The role will be located at the selected fabrication facility in Baku (Azerbaijan), and will report to the ACE Topsides Construction Lead
- The ACE Deck Lead Piping Construction Engineer will be responsible for the overall delivery of piping construction across Topsides facilities, with specific emphasis as follows;
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to company’s HSE policy.
- Perform the role of BP focal-point for piping construction delivery, providing ongoing technical oversight and input to fabricator, from start through final acceptance including Mechanical Completion Handover processes.
- Provide technical assurance and oversight of both shop and field-based piping fabrication activities, including testing, ensuring compliance all required piping codes and standards.
- Ensure all required processes for project Build-It-Tight and Build-It-Clean programs, including all associated construction preservation procedures, are fully implemented by Fabricator.
- Interface with Design and Fabrication Contractors to ensure piping constructability input is being actively considered and implemented.
- Provide a piping discipline perspective to construction schedules, design deliverables, materials purchases, degree of shop fabrication, material delivery configuration and sequence, as well as development of any required subcontracts.
- Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the piping fabrication and construction cycle and work with the relevant parties to avoid them or achieve timely resolution.
Essential Education; Educated to Degree Level
- Essential Experience and Job Requirements; A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of leading piping fabrication and installation, including deep knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Extensive experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience in identification and resolution of HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities.
- Deep understanding of BP Construction Defined Practice for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
CV submission closing date is 25th of November 2020
CV to be submitted to [email protected]