Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer (Static)
- Lead, supervise, coordinate and have prime responsibility for engineering activities regarding static equipment, utilities, materials selection and piping material specifications
- Review and assure the implementation, within relevant activities, of the applicable laws and standards requirements.
- Act as project specialty leader for assigned PMC Project.
- Perform and/ or supervise reviews and checking of mechanical design, requisitioning, technical bids evaluation and post order follow‑up of pressure vessels.
- Perform and/ or supervise reviews and checking of mechanical design, flexibility analysis, requisitioning and technical bid evaluation, post order follow‑up of special lines.
- Perform and/ or supervise reviews and checking of requisitioning, technical bids evaluation, follow‑up of API tanks, vessel internals, column trays and internals.
- Prepare and/or supervise reviews and checking of job specifications applicable to a project for controlled bolting-up, heat transfer equipment, refractory material and insulation, welding, painting and protective coating, special corrosion resistant linings, PMI, steam/ liquid tracing, based on Project Specifications and/or Client standards.
- Perform and/or supervise reviews and checking of thermal/mechanical design for Shell & Tubes Heat Exchangers.
- Perform and/or supervise reviews and checking of requisitioning, technical bids evaluation and post order follow‑up for Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers, Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Double Pipe and Multi-tube Heat Exchangers, Fired Heaters, Steam Generators, Deaerator, Desuperheaters, Electrical Heaters, Vacuum Producing Equipment, Other Heat Transfer Equipment and High Temperature Internally Refractory Lined Special Lines.
- Perform and/or supervise reviews and checking of requisitioning, technical bids evaluation and post order follow‑up for manually operated special valves
- Select and/or verify materials and review/check the “Materials of Construction” diagrams and reports, as applicable
- Review of welding procedure specifications, procedure and qualification records, PWHT and forming procedures issued by Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Prepare, issue, review, verification and follow‑up of Piping material specification and Specification for general requirements of piping material components.
- Prepare, review, and verify the engineering drawings for Pressure Vessels, Storage Tanks, Special Lines, Other Special Equipment, platforms and ladders for vessels and tanks.
- Supervise the design group or carry-out the checking, control and follow up of vendor drawings as post order activities.
- Ensure monitoring of the project documentation, including Procedures, Instructions, Design Guidelines, Project Specifications, Project memoranda and philosophies, etc.
- Lead coordination of PMC activities with EPC Contractors and Employer.
- Ensure integration within the PMC team and with the Employer and EPC Contractors personnel.
· Implement the instructions regarding Health, Safety and Environmental aspects indicated by the appointed functions.
· Be responsible for the technical quality, technical content and delivery schedule of all work performed by discipline team.
· Check that the EPC Contractor develops the scope of works as defined in the Contract
· Coordinating and resolving comments from Client to EPC Contractors
· Participate to meetings with Client and EPC Contractors.
· Provide technical support to the project management team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Not less than ten years in the position.
- Proven track record of working on EPC projects for Oil & Gas facilities.
- Experience in PMC role and brownfield refineries projects.
- Fully knowledgeable about codes, standards & recommended practices for this discipline.
- Fluent in English
Interested candidates shall e-mail their CVs’ to [email protected]
with name of position in e-mail’s title.