Job Title: Construction Coordinator
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the Construction work scope, in adherence with Project HSEQ safety targets, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with teams.
- Accountable for ensuring all Construction work scopes are carried out in accordance with Project Construction specifications, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for developing the Construction strategy and approving Construction procedures.
- Accountable for delivering all Construction activities in accordance with the Project schedule / budget and ensuring high standards are maintained and continuously improved.
Key aims and objectives
- Ensure all Project / Company HSSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Construction personnel are aware of, and implement, safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Manage, support and develop Construction personnel.
- Effective liaison with any Client and / or Sub-Contractor / Vendor representatives.
- Deliver a high standard Construction service to the Project, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Construction activities, delivering best practices at all times.
- Maintain and deliver all Construction activities within budget and on schedule. Where applicable implement cost / time saving initiatives without compromising safety or quality.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate and support day-to-day Construction site activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Provide support and training to Construction personnel, ensuring personnel are competent and possess the required skills.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Provide Construction input into Project strategies, procedures, design phase, plans and schedules.
- Coordinate work pack compilation and work pack scheduling per the Project portfolio.
- Manage thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met – ie. Constructability of the design, safety, job card estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Review and progress Construction Workpack close out in-line with actual site Construction progress, ensuring relevant documents are inserted / signed off accordingly – ie HIRA, job cards, site queries, as-built drawings etc.
- Where required, identify, estimate and escalate requirement for Construction growth and create additional jobcards for Client approval. Liaise with Project Controls / Planning to ensure approved growth hours are input into the Project Schedule.
- Ensure that all Construction work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications and Company systems of quality assurance are strictly adhered to and assist the Project quality team in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Where required, raise site queries and propose site solutions for issue to the Project Engineering team prior to executing the works on site. Track, monitor and report on all site query status and ensure site queries are closed-out in accordance with Project procedure.
- Provide a link between the Construction and Engineering departments of the project – assist with site surveys, design changes, constructability etc.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis – daily / weekly / monthly.
- Attend / input in project meetings – daily / weekly / monthly.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Project gains.
- Attend and input into internal and joint tri-party walks and identify / raise necessary punchlist items with the Project Completions teams.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to Construction activities, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact project delivery.
- Be fully familiar with Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Construction Manager and / or Project Manager.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID’s and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Liaise with Completions / Commissioning Teams in the development of project handover strategy and sequence.
Allied occasional duties
- Deputise for the Construction Manager / Construction Site Lead.
- Input into the training and competency.
- Development reviews of Construction personnel.
- Interview and assessment of Construction personnel.
- Contribute project HAZOP’s / HAZID’s and accident / incident investigations.
Key internal interfaces
- Construction Manager / Construction Site Lead.
- Project Engineers / Project Team Leads.
- Construction personnel.
- Office support team.
- HR Department.
Key external interfaces
- Client Representatives.
- Control of Work / Operator Representatives.
- Sub-contractor / Vendor Management / Representatives.
Project specific requirements
- Ensure Site team are fully engaged with contract specific procedures.
- Ensure all Project specific controls are understood and followed.
- Ensure construction processes are understood and followed.
Qualifications / Training
- Minimum Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Recognised Site discipline background.
- Conversant with Project Management Systems with knowledge of Construction / Completions / Commissioning practices and procedures.
- IT Literate
- HNC in an Engineering related subject.
- Safety Management Training’
- Experience in similar role or senior position in Oil and Gas Construction.
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times.
- Knowledge of the Construction process, its implementation and management. Conversant with project management tools.
- Understanding of detailed procedures / documents / reports.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Knowledge of Industry related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Able to interface and interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels.
- Understanding of modern planning systems and their use in the execution of Construction as well as project work scopes.
- Knowledge of the Construction process and associated systems.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
- Able to work at Project Level.
- Conversant with Tendering / Estimating processes.
- Conversant with HR practices / processes.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety.
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements.
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving of Project / Company goals.
- Able to interact with management / personnel at all levels – committed team player.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative.
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team – good attitude to continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Competencies – Generic
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel.
- Able to demonstrate high level understanding of HSEQ safe working practices / procedures and their implementation.
- Able to react to changing deadlines and achieve project goals / milestones.
- Able to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements.
Competencies – Technical
- Able to interpret project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of engineering drawings.
- Able to produce technical documents and procedures covering all aspects of the Construction process.
- Able to compile accurate data and produce detailed management reports.
- Extensive experience of Construction related activities.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (Construction Coordinator) in the subject line of your email.