Position title: Construction Vessel Representative
Purpose of the job: Offshore management of the construction vessel.
- Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and demonstrate company’s commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE;
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them;
- Providing the company input into incident investigations.
- Act as the company site safety leader on the vessel, leading the company team offshore;
- Work with the Contractor management team offshore to ensure that all personnel, equipment, procedures and permits are in place for the offshore work-scope and that the work-scope is completed in accordance with the approved installation procedures, risk assessment and COW documentation;
- Providing input and support to contractor procedures, mobilisation plans and vessel operating procedures and ensure that contractor risk assessments, safety meetings, emergency drills and regular work site meetings are conducted in a way which supports safe execution of the works;
- Liaison with the CVR’s and/or Offshore Representatives of other vessels and facilities in the working area;
- Offshore contract administration compliance and maintaining an accurate record of events, instructions and communications;
- Accurately recording/reporting non-conformances and expediting the detail for onshore assessment.
- University degree in Mechanical, Structural or Offshore Engineering or equivalent vocational qualification
- At least 10-year experience of managing frontline construction sites as part of a client team
Skills, Abilities Required:
- A proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and to energize, influence and have a positive impact on the team;
- Strong written and interpersonal and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner;
- The ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result;
- A working knowledge of the latest international standards.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “CVR” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.