Job Title: Lead Shutdown Coordinator/Project Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for a Residential Lead Shutdown Coordinator position as part of the Onshore Business Unit.
The Lead Shutdown Coordinator is responsible to report to the Maintenance Team Leader for the forward planning and execution of all planned drilling shutdowns in the AzSPU within KCA DEUTAG scope / area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority. Also responsible for ensuring that the shutdown is delivered in a timely manner on behalf of KCA DEUTAG and BP/AIOC. This role will be inter-departmental, both onshore and offshore and with shared working between the KCAD and BP Offices.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience in installation, Maintenance and overhaul of Drilling equipment 5 years offshore experience at least on supervisory role
• Experience in Project Engineering, with extensive work carried out on Engineering Project and deliverables.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of operation and maintenance of automated 5th Generation Cyber rigs.
• Good knowledge and understanding of ASMH / NOV automated drilling systems.
• Excellent Communications skills: Leadership skills, Project Management experience
• Good understanding of CMMS (Maximo advantageous) and how to maintain the preventative maintenance program in accordance with Group repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor.
• Must have offshore drilling shutdown experience.
• Organisation of all materials for the shutdown, ensuring expedition is in a timely manner.
• Liaising with vendors during the planning phase to ensure work scopes are understood and complied with.
• Experience with formulating correct POB requirements for the shutdown activities.
• Ability to Liaise with Rig Managers, Maintenance Superintendents, Project Engineers and WTL’s, to ensure Operations, Maintenance and Engineering activities are planned and coordinated effectively.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate pre-shutdown visits take place to inform and involve the offshore management team in the work scopes and timings.
• Responsible for the offshore coordination of activities during the shutdown and reporting of progress. Also in conjunction with the Planner, for ensuring that the Plan Logic/Sequence is being adhered to and progress is being reported on a daily basis during the shutdown period.
o Responsible for ensuring that the following items are being achieved during the shutdown period:-
o Access to all worksites is being provided to suit the plan.
o Downtime (e.g. N.P.T) is being recorded when appropriate.
o Critical path activities are continually monitored and optimised to reduce overall shutdown duration.
• High School-Industry recognized apprenticeship or training scheme
• Offshore and onshore Supervisory & Leadership skills
• 5 years Drilling Maintenance experience
• Excellent Oral and Written English skills
• Necessary Computer skills
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role please apply in writing or email, attaching an up to date CV to: [email protected] by June 28, 2017.
Please reflect the applied position title in the subject of email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.