Position: SAP Admin
- Application and system management, problem response, and capacity planning. SAP Systems.
- Understanding the technical infrastructure standards and requirements for the integration of specific SAP modules. This may include migration tasks such as change request review, software build coordination, release documentation, production issue resolution and tracking report distribution.
- Understanding the business implications of application and system problems allowing them to appropriately set severity levels when problems do occur.
- Monitoring the performance of system applications. Supporting the execution of contingency plans in case of system outages, troubleshoot a wide variety of technical problems, and providing initial support to the Service Desk.
- Participates in SAP project implementation, including; as initial installation, supervision of vendor / contractor resources, and subsequent installations of updates and patches. SAP Systems Administrator II Systems Administrator III
- Works on multiple, moderate to high complex projects as a project team member, occasionally as a technical leader.
- Maintains SAP systems and applications, supporting and training users for SAP system(s) and applications usage.
- Coordinates between internal requestors and the production team to schedule production release updates Administrator I SAP Systems Administrator II Systems Administrator III
- Supports integration of changes in test, preproduction, and production environments.
- Ensures testing procedures are followed.
- Evaluates problems and determines the required course of action.
- Works with production quality assurance/testing team to ensure appropriate level of testing has been completed prior to implementation of change.
- Works with Business Systems Analysts, DevOps engineers, database administrators and SAP programming staff in communicating system-wide updates, fixes, and upgrades.
Production Support & Administration
- Ensures the performance and reliability of SAP systems.
- Responds to escalated system problems.
- Monitors and maintains a comprehensive set of performance metrics for all system features.
- Identifies risk levels and recommends and implements corrective/preventive actions.
- Maintains history reports, identifies and addresses reoccurring problems.
- May develop online help and update systems support help scripts.le SAP Systems Administrator I SAP Systems Administrator II Systems Administrator II
- Creates checklists for standard operating procedures.
- Reviews checklists for continued ways to improve procedures to potentially save time and money.
- Assists in the development and execution of SAP and business process best practices across the organization.
- Participates in, or may lead, peer knowledge sharing groups.
- Counsels users on technology changes that will impact work processes.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Prepares documentation for customer support, such as server and client hardware/software configurations and network configurations.
- The SAP Systems Administrator requires solid troubleshooting skills, good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues.
- Able to work across all functional areas of the Company and use a strong client service orientation to ensure that all requests and problems are resolved in a professional manner.
- Able to share their expertise and provide individual training and support to users.
- Able to work together with other IS&T staff to enhance services and capabilities available to all clients.
Specific Skills Required
- Advanced skills (certifications) in SAP HANA B1 administration/installation/development/integration, with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SAP/SUSE backup software
- Advanced knowledge of SQL programming and databases administration
- Knowledge of basics of business administration, accounting and finance
- Experience with business processes modeling and optimization
- Skills with MS networking, domain structure, VMWare virtualization, HP servers
- Skills with MS Office, MS Visio, Acrobat Professional and similar other applications
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 3-5 years of business and/or SAP implementation experience.
- Experience with systems and database administration.
Requires skills in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by indicating the position title (SAP Admin) in the subject line of your email.