Position title: Quantity Surveyor /Contracts Engineer
SSUP Project Scope of Work:
- Close liaison with Project Management, PSCM, Contractors. Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Preparation of Internal Company documents such as Project Finance Memorandums (FM’s) Decision Support Packages (DSP), Verification Plans etc. for project Stage Gate approval.
- Working with PSCM Contracts in the development of detailed Scopes of Work, Commercial Sections, preparation of Contract Documents for Tenders and Contractor evaluation.
- Corresponding and liaison with all Contractors on all Contractual issues to ensure conformance with the Contracts.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of the construction Projects / Contracts.
- Review and recommendation for approval or disapproval of all Contractors Monthly Interim Payment Certificates.
- Review and recommendation for approval or disapproval of all Contractors proposed Variations.
- Monitor all construction activities performed by construction contractors to ensure that cost and schedule performance targets are met as planned and that their work is in accordance with work packages, specifications, and good practices.
- Interface as necessary with Contractors Project Management on quality and efficient delivery of projects.
- Total Estimating knowledge and ability to produce various types of Order of Magnitude Estimates, Class III, and Class II Estimates.
- Preparation and Performance of Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis.
- All Cost Control activities for the Project including the development of the Annual Work Program and Budget (AWP&B), Detailed Expenditure Phasing (Monthly and yearly VOWD), Change Management, assistance in the preparation of all weekly and monthly Progress and Cost Reports.
- Looking for execution efficiencies that can be safely adopted to increase predictability of site execution and minimize excess spend.
- Actively challenging proposed technical solutions to ensure construction option are feasible and are advocates for a construction driven engineering philosophy.
- Maintains awareness of the construction industry globally and seeks out best practices from wider construction network within Client and external.
- Support risk reviews to identify risks and work with action owners to close out risk mitigation plans.
- Validate reporting and analysis of construction performance indicators.
- Accountable for quality management of the project delivery through implementation of the Right First Time approach.
Regional Support to P&O, Solutions Site Projects
- EPCM Main Contractors Efficiency and Performance enhancements.
- Preparation of training modules for Company personnel learning in:
- Cost and Estimating methodologies.
- Construction Management.
- Use of Construction Plant and Equipment
- Contract Proposals, simplification in commercial management sections.
- Develop Guidance and supporting back-up for DILO training.
- Performance Management
- Stakeholder Involvement
- Planning Process
- Contracts Construction Management
- Recommendations for Contracts Enhancements and working practices.
- A detailed review and comparisons of the various EPCM Contractors Remuneration Model.
- Contractors’ CTR preparation and Company review process.
- Non-productive Time Studies, and lost Time Working.
- Develop Cost Saving Opportunities within existing EPCM Contracts.
- Develop Construction Management requirements.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements
Relevant experience of managing Infrastructure projects to international and local standards.
Strong planning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and organizational skills including stakeholders’ management.
- Highly motivated and able to achieve goals under time pressure.
- Ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with other team members.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Great networking abilities
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Fully knowledgeable of Oil and Gas Company Operating procedures
- Experience of work with an EPC contractor
- Civil and Structural degree is preferrable.
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]