Job Title: Diesel Service Engineer
Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas:
· The diesel engine experience is related to the Caterpillar 3406, C15 & C18 series engines, approximately 40 caterpillar engines in total, knowledge of Detroit diesel 71 & 92 series, Cummings, MUT and Mercedes industrial engines.
· While onshore the working day will be 10hrs per day Monday to Friday in the Enermech office or workshop.
· As explained, the position will require travel to an offshore oil platform in the Caspian Sea while based in Baku and the Persian Gulf while in Qatar. The transport to offshore will be either by fast sea boat or helicopter. An offshore survival training course is required for traveling offshore, this will be provided by Enermech.
· There are a total of 21 cranes across the 9 offshore platforms in the Caspian Sea which our client operate. Each of these cranes are fitted with either 3406, C15 & C18 caterpillar engines.
· There are in total of 20 Caterpillar 3406 , 8 Cummings, 4 Detroit, 5 MUT and 2 Mercedes engines on location in offshore Doha, Qatar.
· The candidate is required to work under his own initiative and be sole engineer responsible for engine maintenance while offshore, support being provided from onshore Enermech engineering and Enermech crane mechanics while offshore.
· The candidate will be responsible for accurate reporting on completion of engine scopes, provide advice and recommendations on engine condition, any applicable additional repairs required, identification and selection of spare parts required.
· During larger engine work scopes ie. engine replacements, assistance will be provided by an Enermech mechanical maintenance crew.
Service & repair of Caterpillar Diesel Engines for BP Caspian.
Engine Investigation Diagnostics.
Mobilization to offshore BP platforms for execution of engine work scopes.
Workshop based investigations, RCFA.
SIS Caterpillar materials identification
Please send your CVs to [email protected]