Position title: Lifting Coach and technical advisor
- Assist Project lifting engineer, assist and support the Project Managers to achieve the project objectives
- Ensure Contractors lifting personnel are competent and with appropriate records and KPI’s
- Determine, track and report lifting related Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Surveillance of the contractor’s competency assessment process for personnel undergoing trade tests
- Ensure that the Hold & Witness points and other requirements identified within lift Plans are fully implemented by the contractors.
- Participate in the decision process relating to the disposition of non-conformances, concessions to specification and codes that are requested by contractor.
- Communicate all potential lifting related risk and improvement issues to the Project Managers, construction managers and HSE team
- Take ownership of lifting related execution risks and drive them to acceptable levels
- Ensure that lifting related Action Items are addressed and closed in a timely manner
- Participate in various site meetings and initiatives as required by the Project Managers, construction and HSE managers
- Lead and/or coordinate weekly / monthly / quarterly lifting meetings with contractor, and site team
- Internationally recognised technical qualification/Higher National Certificate or equivalent
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Specific training for Lifting Technical Authority
- Expertise in comprehending, interpreting, and communicating lifting specifications, fabrication drawings, lifting methods, rigging and structural calculations & specifications, in-depth understanding of international standards, inspection and certification requirements / reports.
- Full understanding of planning and work flow process
- 15 years’ experience in heavy construction
- Experience with advanced lifting techniques such as Jack and Skid, Superlift, Row-Rows, strand jacks
- Experience of construction of Drilling Modulus
- Experience of lifting within the oil & gas industry for onshore and offshore facilities and equipment including, Heavy steel construction, Heavy Cranes, SPMT’s, Marine Subsea and Installation.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Lifting Coach and technical advisor ” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.