To lead a team of cost engineers and cost engineering activity set for the Marine & Subsea programme of work. Ensure timely and high-quality delivery against cost control activities. To provide single point functional cost engineering interface between the project teams in Baku and the Central Cost Team
Lead the M&S Cost Team
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the cost team, managing and maintaining appropriate resource levels, energising and developing a diverse group of CLIENT and managed service staff across multiple locations.
- Support Project Leadership Team to provide accurate cost information by maintaining alignment of cost reporting and forecasting. Manage the Monthly (SCRM), Quarterly (QPF) and 6 monthly Master Control Estimate (MCE) cost process. Work with planning engineers, project delivery managers and the central cost team to understand and explain variances against previous submissions.
- Demonstrate HSE leadership by actively engaging the CLIENT site teams and contractors with actions that contribute to delivering on CLIENT’s HSE expectations
Plans & Procedures
- Develop and/or update project cost control procedures based on standard CLIENT Cost Engineering Procedure and reflecting both CLIENT, and contractor roles and responsibilities. Ensure compliance with financial and business and project processes.
- Ensure the preparation and development of appropriate control budgets from the project estimate. Prepare cost data including but not limited to budgets, commitments, value of work done, forecasting, reporting and analysis. Work with cost control tools including CLIENT cost database system, project management of change, risk register. Ensure verification of weekly labour calculation. Review and verify the contractor’s monthly report. Ensure correct coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices, estimates, and ensuring these are updated and maintained in the CLIENT cost database. Prepare and review monthly value of work done forecasts for sign-off by Budget Holder and manage in quarter, in year and full-cycle forecasting accuracy.
Interfaces with PSCM and Finance functions
- Work with the Project Controller and Finance function to ensure adequate financial controls. Assist PSCM and Finance in the verification of contractor and supplier invoices for payment; assist PSCM in the development and negotiation of payments, input to CTR’s, etc.
Project Management of Change
- Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of project management of change procedure. Incorporate output from the Management of Change process into cost reports and capex phasing; Ensure that the Forecast Final Cost is equivalent to the original estimate plus the sum of all changes. Assessment of Variation Order Requests (VORs), Code approved Variation Orders (VO’s)
- Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of risk management plan. Make recommendations to identify or mitigate risks and communicate these to the management team. Maintain a register of cost risks and ensure that this is regularly updated based on the latest information from the teams. Use the cost risks register as a primary source for producing trended forecasts from current cost forecast baselines or control budgets – both phased (monthly, quarterly, annual) and full-cycle
Developing and issuing reports to appropriate stakeholders, including partner reports. Provide cost input to monthly reports, dashboards, partner reports as required. Respond to requests for data, data analysis, tools, presentation materials, etc.
Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering or similar discipline
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Minimal 10-15 years construction cost engineering experience on major Oil & Gas projects .
- Minimum 3-5 years subsea construction cost engineering experience.
- Prior experience working for BP AGT region
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team of other cost engineers in a project environment.
- Substantial experience interfacing and working with construction, commissioning, engineering and operations personnel
- Substantial experience interfacing and working with subsea, construction, commissioning, engineering, and operations personnel.
- Significant experience working with internationally-based contractors
- Experience and demonstrable track record of being able to communicate cost information clearly to senior management and put in context of the overall project status to enable quality decision making (clarity from complexity)
CV submission closing date is 29 June 2021
CVs to be submitted to [email protected]