Position: Rigging Superintendent
- Advising and supporting the Rigging Superintendent in his day to day duties
· Ensuring all certification and documentation is up to date and available
· Ensuring that all Lifting operations are carried out as per procedure
· Monitoring of competence levels in line with training plan Ensure that any 3rd party lifting equipment to be used on site is adequately maintained, certified and in good condition
· Ensure all Equipment operators (Cranes,FLT’s, MEWP’s etc) are competent, experienced and certified
· Advising on the suitability of lifting equipment and to advise in the development of lifting arrangements and methods.
· In conjunction with the Method Engineer shall ensure that all large, difficult and awkward lifts have been reviewed and approved by the Engineering Department prior to commencement of the lifting operations.
· Responding to Methods Engineering on any issues on the Lifting method or sequence within three days
· Managing and controlling the rigging loft inventory and lifting equipment
· Continuous review and updating generic and specific risk assessments.
· Developing an examination programme for all appropriate lifting and associated equipment.
· Maintaining registers of lifting and associated equipment, including damaged, lost and quarantined equipment
· Ensuring that all equipment and rigging gear is certified prior to use and original certificates are available.
· Ensuring all lifting equipment is recertified and/ or colour coded at appropriate intervals
· Ensuring that all Equipment is safe and suitable for use and a pre -use inspection is carried out
· Ensuring that where applicable Lifting Plans are generated regarding lifting activities.
· Managing and ensuring all personnel involved in lifting activities are competent and appropriately trained for their work activities.
· Monitoring subcontractor crane operations to ensure that all appropriate controls/ instructions are being complied with including daily checks.
· Arranging, in conjunction with the Construction a pre lifting activity meeting to discuss the arrangements, methods, risk assessment and any Management of Change.
· Ensuring that all required precautions and specific lifting arrangements are in place and correct prior to any lifting or transportation activities take place.
· Ensuring all crawler cranes are appropriately certified
· Ensuring that all equipment is fit for purpose
· Ensuring that non return of equipment for inspection is investigated and that registers are updated to advise on non-returned equipment.
· All personnel are trained and competent for the work to be carried out
- Ensure that any 3rd party lifting equipment to be used on site is adequately maintained, certified and in good condition
- Candidates with experience abroad will be highly regarded.
- 10+ years of experience in jacket fabrication and subsea operations
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Relevant education degree/ certification
Please send your CV to [email protected]
by indicating the position title (Rigging Superintendent) in the subject line of your email.