Position: Senior Welding Engineer
Primary functions includes:
- supervision of welding engineers
- develop welding Engineering execution plan
- selection of consumables and equipment
- responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and accepting or refusing welding procedure qualification documentation from suppliers/subcontractors
- liaise with Clients
- Prepare and publish quality documents citing code and internal quality requirements.
- On-site reviews and audits of weldment suppliers. This ensured in-process and final inspection quality control
- Perform on-site training of supplier welders resulting in a significant improvement in weldment quality.
- Extensively involved with determining root cause of premature failures using excellent knowledge and analytical skills to quickly identify problem areas and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles: Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Experience with welding Codes (ASME, AWS, DNV, EEMUA, CODETI, CODAP, RCCM)
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post-heating requirements. Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes. Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification. Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Assist in Engineering, Quality and Estimating departments with any technical issues regarding welding and fabricability requirements for projects
- Apply knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys to develop welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals
- Develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures
- Identify and evaluate latest welding equipment, materials and techniques for possible application to shop welding practices or production processes
- Serve as customer contact for technical issues regarding welding requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership abilities, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to meet customer contract requirements and expectations
- Master Degree in Welding Engineering, or Mechanical, Materials
- 10+ years of welding and fabrication background
Please send your CV to [email protected]
by indicating the position title (Senior Welding Engineer) in the subject line of your email.