To carry out preparation, set up and operation of all threaded tubular products as assigned by the immediate supervisor observing specifications, standards and instructions associated with the job duties. This shall involve working with API Specification 7-1 and 5CT Latest edition related components.
- Under minimal supervision, operates manual lathe machines for the repair and manufacture of oilfield equipment.
- Decides the most efficient method possible to manufacture parts.
- Requires extensive product knowledge to handle more specialized projects. Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Must determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds, and all other requirements necessary to produce the products placed on manual equipment.
- Shall be conversant and capable of interpreting and implementing but not limited to API specifications 7-1 and 5CT, ensuring end products are compliant with current standards and customer requirements.
- Impart knowledge and be proactive in the mentoring and training of operators.
- To take a responsible approach to health, safety and environmental hazards and to control the risks and report them to management as appropriate.
- Thread connection repairing as per the requirements of API Specification 7-1 and 5CT, Reface / Rechase.
- Tool/Machining insert selection and setting.
- Carry out routine machine check up and day to day maintenance of the machine.
- Ensure the accuracy of measuring instruments, report errors for adjustment/calibration prior to use.
- High School / Diploma / Engineering Apprenticeship or Equivalent
- Min 10 Years of Oil & Gas Industry Machine Shop experience.
- Experience in Setting up Tooling, understand and editing programs.
- Threading of API Spec 5CT and 7-1 thread connections
- Manual Lathe operational experience.
- Able to read/ understand technical blueprints / drawings and Job Cards.
- Knowledge in OCTG / Down hole equipment’s.
- Good communication skills in English
The CVs to be sent to the email: [email protected] with the identification of the applied position