Position: Mechanical Repair Technician
As a Mechanical Repair Technician you will be responsible for Disassembling, inspecting, rebuilding and testing various NOV Rig technologies Equipment. You will support, improve and lead on-time assembly & testing of Equipment as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving. As Mechanical Repair Technician you will carry out work which is task- or project- focused requiring limited discretion or independent decision making. You will utilise your previous knowledge to complete a wide variety of assignments/ tasks of increasing complexity. The work you will carry out will be increasingly complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Be proficient with the use of engineering measuring tools – Micrometres, Vernier Gauges, Dial Indicators.
- Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
- Complete Facility maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure all job-related QA Plans, Work scopes, Route Cards, Inspection Reports, Test Reports and Build sheets are filled out as the job progresses.
- Conduct equipment Testing / FATs in accordance with NOV procedures.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
- Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety and escalate concerns.
- Carry out trouble shooting of Equipment / Systems and be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone / 5Ys etc.)
- Support all Non-Conformance Reporting.
- Attend daily team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Report discrepancies in job procedures, processes and route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Supervisor.
- Accountable for the correct movement of job components through the workflow process ensuring items are staged in designated areas at all times.
- Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Actively take part in the company competency program.
- Demonstrate awareness of company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping (clean, safe, a place for everything & everything in its place) in your allocated areas at all times
- Promote and adhere to health and safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
We welcome your application via the link to NOV’s career page https://www.nov.com/careers/where you can submit your CV and further details about your experience.