Job Title: Subsurface department Manager
The main duties and functions
• Organize, supervise and execute the process of developing a short-term and long-term Work Program for Gum Deniz field and Bahar field based on analysis and classification of current reserves of Fields with recommendations of changing parameters of production on existing wells to increase production.
• Together with department engineers develop and update the Work program for Gum Deniz and Bahar fields for 1, 5, 15 and 25 years; making production forecast for short and long term periods.
• Together with Reservoir Engineering team develops and updates reservoir characteristics, PVT analysis of reservoir fluids, prepares reserves estimations and reservoir simulations, develops and presents to Management Financial Strategy of Reservoir Management (capital & operating budgeting).
• Analyses reservoir performance, prepares development plan for fields, prepares a program with predictions of future reservoir performance, develops plans for infill and new well drilling, responsible for economic modeling & optimization, monitors environment & safety applications.
• Identify workover opportunities to stay ahead of planning requirements including platform, rig and equipment availabilities. Work closely with Operations to ensure and confirm timing feasibility, risk and results.
• Evaluate and advance new technologies to enhance workover effectiveness, including ERA-3, Blue Spark. Plasma Pulse Technology, Roke Quard tool, sand control options and other technologies as they arise.
• In close cooperation with Operation, evaluate and recommend an optimized completion option for new wells drilled in Gum Deniz.
• Monitors and analyses wells performance, develops predictions for future well performance, initiates well testing and analysis, makes planning for work over jobs, develops recommendations to Production of production parameters optimization to increase production.
• Prepares reports about reserves on Gum Deniz and Bahar fields for external audit companies and for investors.
• Provides monthly reporting on reservoir engineering and production engineering activities and achievements to the Board of Director, Head of the Company.
• While developing the Work program makes and maintains relations with SOCAR on technical issues.
• This job description serves as a guide to responsibilities and does not replace common sense or provide limitations on duties to be performed by the person in this position.
• Responsible for correctly implemented work, and performance of department’s assignment and tasks given from the management in time.
• Maintaining the existence and storage of relevant documents and materials in the work process.
• Keeping confidentiality of specific (private) documents and information.
• Observe safety rules while working.
• Not passing confidential documents and information to other departments without permeation of manager.
• Create a contact with other departments within a company for the implementation of current tasks.
• Report to the Structural head about law infringements and violation of norms in the adopted documents.
- Minimum 10+ years of managerial experience in reservoir engineering
- Work Experience: min 15 years of experience in reservoir engineering
- Experience with specific reservoir engineering software, IPM, Eclipse, Kappa
- Degree qualified with an engineering background
- Languages: English (fluent)
- Excellent spoken and written communicational skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and make decisions
- Accuracy and accountability
- Computer literacy – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project, is essential
- Possess time management skills
- Can produce timely reports including delivery schedules
- Has the ability and confidence to challenge senior management
- Has excellent knowledge of both up and down stream process materials & equipment
- Possess an ability to work under stress and pressure
- Possess an ability to work on own and in a team environment
- Can manage and direct a department of +/- 10 subordinates
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Drilling Commissioning Superintendent” in the subject line of your email.