QUALIFICATION and JOB DESCRIPTION
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of working experience in the crude oil refining or petrochemical industry
- Experience in evaluation studies of investment opportunities.
- Experience in scoping/conducting and facilitating pre-feasibility/concept studies for investment and revamp projects in refining and chemical industries.
- Having strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, and leadership qualities
- Ability to effectively work and communicate at all levels
- Good level in both written and verbal English
- Conduct evaluation studies to assess investment opportunities above a certain threshold arising in the organization. Where applicable, improve selected opportunities in terms of project economics.
- Prioritize investment opportunities in accordance with their attractiveness investigated during the evaluation studies.
- Provide recommendations to appropriate levels on gate and capital approvals
- Generate pre-feasibility studies for potential investment opportunities based on data made available by others and/or created internally.
- When applicable, review and provide advice on operational aspects of SOCAR operating facilities in Azerbaijan.
- Coordinate and manage work with third-party suppliers, e.g. Lenders Technical Consultants, market data providers etc.
- Coordinate and align with projects/activities of SOCAR’s technical groups.
- Seek feedback and implement continuous improvements on the evaluation methodologies.
- Foster knowledge sharing and disseminate evaluation findings and lessons to increase awareness
- Contribute to the intellectual capital of the department.
- Take the role of evaluation projects’ leader and coordinate the work of project members.
- Monitor the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure continuous learning and development of reporting staff.
Interested candidates shall e-mail their CVs’ to
[email protected] with name of position in e-mail’s title.