Specific Functions (Manager – Leader):
● Manage the interdisciplinary coordination in your area and/or unit of responsibility to guarantee the technical quality, time, and cost of the works and products to be submitted. This applies to efforts in the HO and site, and activities shall be performed in agreement with the Contract scope and technical specifications of the Client and Project.
● Lead internal meetings and those with Client representatives for the revision of:
P&IDs, designs, models, buried systems, constructability, HAZOP, HSE,
commissioning, etc. This applies to your area of responsibility, to official documents, or when you are designated for this purpose.
● In your area of responsibility, lead the coordination of engineering consistency analysis and optimization initiatives for designs and the acceleration of the program of execution.
● Lead and ensure the consistency of engineering plans in your area of
● Direct and stimulate Technical Clarifications related to your area of responsibility that must be carried out with the Client, Licensees, and/or vendors.
● Lead and consolidate periodic progress reports and the closing of Project
engineering activities related to your area of responsibility.
● Lead the management and expediting of potential change orders with the Client, beginning with the NCs or the STQs generated in your area of responsibility.
● Lead the management of the engineering resources (whether TR’s or
subcontracted) within your area of responsibility, identifying potential additional needs.
● Lead the distribution of functions and the creation of objectives and
performance indicators for the Project Engineers and Discipline Leaders in
your area of responsibility.
Specific Functions (Support – Information):
● Support the Project Manager and the Project Operations Manager in issues such as: the creation of Execution Plans and Project Management Procedures, Scheduling, Budget and Billing Control, etc.
● Confirm the contents and scope of requisitions, tabulations, award
recommendations, and material and equipment purchase orders.
● Analyze and propose actions to take regarding reports on the state of
requisitions, requests, budget controls, and the billing of equipment and materials in your area of responsibility.
● Ensure that the equipment list in your area of responsibility is kept up to date.
● Be familiar with and support the effort of obtaining and renewing permits and approvals for the Project.
● Know the Contract and the Project objectives, and make sure that these are known within the Engineering Group that works in your area.
● Know the procedures, specifications, and rules of the Project, and ensure that all personnel that take part in your area of responsibility apply them as well.
● Periodically report the Project situation to the Project Manager and to the Project Operations Manager in EOMs or when required.
● When required, report the state of the Project to the Engineering Director.
● Promote and encourage the identification of potential lessons learned during the different phases of the Project.
● Promote and encourage a continuous process of improvement in all your
● Coordinate the Program of Plans and Activities of your area/unit of responsibility.
● Sign the timesheets for personnel under your supervision.
Eligible candidates send your CV in English to [email protected] 27.09.2020 with subject line: Project Area Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.