Position title: Marine Advisor
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide marine expertise to the management of the offshore installation activities, selection and suitability of marine spread in accordance with project and regional marine standards.
- Participate in regular site inspections, vessel assurance and auditing task for the project marine spread.
- Monitor vessel performance and conformance to ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of the company procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements.
- Provide support to offshore operations during critical installation activities, commissioning, and mobilisation periods.
- Lead the review and approval process for project documentation involving marine operations. Manage the Self Verification and Oversight (SV&O) process on auxiliary vessels.
- Following confirmation from asset team, provide return to work assurance after marine spread incident or break down.
- Review and approve Contractor and Vessel Owner marine key personnel.
- Ensure compliance of marine spread to Class, Flag, SOLAS and applicable codes and standards.
- Ensure that all marine audits and resulting actions are tracked using the company provided system.
- Ensure risks (and RAPs) related to marine vessels are mitigated through specific mitigations and action plans.
- Class 1 Master Mariner or Class 1 Engineer certificate
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience of marine operations in offshore industry.
- Extensive knowledge of towing and anchor handling operations.
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office
- DP operator certified
- OVID registered surveyor
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position title “Marine Advisor” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.