Position: Instrumentation Control Engineer
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interface and review of the E&I detailed engineering with Subcontract Engineering Contractors (Greenfield/Brownfield), BOS-Shelf Central Engineering and CLIENT
- Follow-on electrical, instrumentation & telecoms engineering and procurement support
- E&I &T installation planning input
- Construction Support to E&I Subcontractor to address structural/piping clashes resolutions and instrumentation and F&G equipment installation definition/locations
- E&I & T pre-commissioning preparation activities
- Pre-commissioning / Commissioning Support
- Attending coordination meetings with CLIENT and subcontractors:
- Discipline detail design coordination and discipline weekly meeting involving CLIENT and detail design subcontractors
- Review and comment to finalize the detail design engineering deliverables and suppliers design engineering deliverables, including LOPA close-out reports, suppliers instrumentation calculations, Independent SIL assessment support, revision to safety logic implementation, Control Narrative changes, Interfaces with ICSS vendor, Telecoms vendors, C&E changes, instrumentation and F&G datasheet revisions, Changes to BV F&G 3D Mapping Study implementation, etc.
- Changes to Instrumentation, telecoms cable routings and instrumentation and F&G equipment implementation
- Changes to Instrumentation and F&G interfaces within the main mechanical packages, electrical packages, and Brownfield instrumentation scope.
- Support for Instrumentation and F&G procurement packages, procurement, and contracts departments on the Contractor Bid Evaluations and Purchase placement.
- Instrumentation and F&G packages: Interface Management, Factory Acceptance Tests and expediting assistance
- Checking of CAD designer’s work for accuracy and correctness.
- Conducting site surveys.
- Evaluate designs done by others and prepare reports.
- Prepare minutes of meeting.
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Supervise junior engineers’/Interns’ work and train / develop them.
- Check the technical completeness and correctness of work done by other engineers.
- Represent the project team and company for factory inspections and presentations
- Assist with goods receiving inspections if required
- Work safely and contribute to maintaining and enhancing quality management.
- Be prepared, if required to do so, to work offshore to provide assistance to hook-up team.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience gained in detailed engineering, equipment procurement, construction and commissioning, also experienced for conceptual design and FEED.
- Sound technical knowledge based on both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Proven record of achievement. Satisfactory annual appraisal scores and comments from superiors.
- Good presentation, communications and organizational skills.
- Strong spoken and written English.
Please send your CV to [email protected]by indicating the position title (Instrumentation Control Engineer) in the subject line of your email.